Terms and Conditions:
1. The ACT will require the balance of any engagement fee payable to be made at least 2 days before the function date.
2. If the CLIENT cancels the booking or the event does not take place for any reason then the deposit (25%) will be forfeit. A cancellation fee (25%) will also be applied for. Full payment will be sought if cancellation is made within 14 days of the performance date or if the ACT can show that any another function has been refused for the same date on the basis of this agreement. Full payment will be sought if the booking does not take place on the day of the performance due to any part of the terms and conditions not being upheld by the CLIENT. Cancellation notification must be in writing and receipt of such notification will be confirmed in writing.
3. The ACT will conduct themselves in a manner befitting the engagement and will respond to the CLIENTS requests relating to dress code, volume levels, music played, equipment location or any other reasonable request.
4. The ACT will require access to a properly earthed mains electricity supply, sufficient to allow safe usage of the required equipment for the performance. If the supply is inadequate then the amount of equipment may be reduced. The CLIENT must arrange for protection of the ACT’s equipment from the elements should the performance take place outside. If the ACT considers that the electricity supply or any other aspect of the event is unsafe then they reserve the right to refuse to start or continue the performance after consultation with the CLIENT. The provisions of clause 2 may also apply.
5. The ACT will use their best endeavours to attend the function. Should they be prevented from attending for any reason, including accident or sudden illness, then the CLIENT will receive a full refund of all monies paid to the ACT for that function, however, the ACT will not incur any additional liability for non-appearance.
6. Licences for the performance of recorded music are only required at public events. In most cases private parties, such as wedding receptions, birthdays etc which are invitation only and attract no entrance fee do not require a licence. It is the CLIENTS responsibility to obtain such licences if required. Should the ACT be prevented from performing due to the absence of any appropriate licence or similar permission or should the performance be cancelled for any other reason then the provisions of clause 2 will apply.
7. The ACT will require adequate setting up time prior to the performance and a sufficient period afterwards to dismantle and remove their equipment from the venue. The amount of time required is dependent on the package selected the minimum is 45 minutes setup and 25 minutes to pack down.
8. The CLIENT is responsible for providing adequate supervision of all guests, staff and customers at the venue and will be liable for any loss or damage to equipment caused by guests, staff or customers. The CLIENT must keep all animals away from the ACT and performance area. The ACT may terminate the performance if these conditions are not met. The provisions of clause 2 will apply.
9. The CLIENT warrants that they are entitled to use the venue for the purposes of the event and performance and that the event does not breach any law, bye-law or conditions imposed on the property.
10. Any extension of playing time is purely at the discretion of the ACT and may be subject to other constraints, however, they will do their best to accommodate any such request. Fees for extended times will be advised.
11. The CLIENT engaging the ACT and the ACT accepting the engagement confirms acceptance of all these terms and conditions.
12. The ACT has the right to refuse bookings without giving any reason.